Dr. Vodder's Manual Lymph Drainage
A Practical Guide
Author: Hildegard Wittlinger, Dieter Wittlinger, Andreas Wittlinger, Maria Wittlinger
Paperback, 152 pages
Wittlinger Written by the world's leading authorities on Dr. Emil Vodder's techniques for Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD), this lavishly illustrated guide provides step-by-step descriptions of how to massage the lymph vessels to stimulate smooth lymphatic flow.
Full-color photographs supplement concise text describing the basic anatomy and physiology of the circulatory and lymphatic systems, treatment techniques, and the various types of swelling caused by lymphedema. The authors discuss indications and contraindications, as well as the ways in which Dr. Vodder's method affects different regions of the body.
- The latest information on complete decongestive therapy (CDT), including coverage of compression therapy, taping, respiratory treatment, and other complementary methods
- More than 200 color photographs visualize the therapist's grips
- Each chapter includes numerous tips and plenty of space throughout for personal notes
- 50 review questions enable self-study
- An appendix contains an informative history of Dr. Vodder's life and his contributions to the field