The Clinical Practice of Chinese Medicine
COPD & Asthma
Author: Wei-sheng Liu, Lin Lin
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma are commonly seen respiratory diseases that severely influence a patient’s health and quality of life. Centuries have passed, and Chinese medical doctors have recognized the severity of these diseases and have accumulated rich clinical experience and a wealth of practical information. Using holistic methods, Traditional Chinese Medicine is able to help restore normal function to the human respiratory system, inhibit inflammatory cells and mediators, decrease airway hyper-reactivity and pulmonary hypertension, improve pulmonary ventilation function, blood circulation, and increase immunity.
By referencing the clinical experience of doctors past and present, summarizing the available literature on clinical diagnosis and treatment, and citing current research findings, the end result is The Clinical Practice of Chinese Medicine: COPD & Asthma.
- Pattern differentiation and treatment with herbs & acupuncture
- Clinical experience of distinguished physician
- Famous physicians’ case studies
- Relevant contemporary research on pattern differentiation & formulas
- Selected quotes from classical texts
- Professor Liu Wei-sheng is a chief physician and doctoral supervisor of Chinese internal medicine at the Second Teaching Hospital of the Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine.
- Professor Lin Lin is a chief physician and master’s level supervisor at the Second Teaching Hospital of Guangdong Province.